This Page

has been moved to new address

Chanel Spring-Summer Makeup Collection Review/Haul

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Chanel Spring-Summer Makeup Collection Review/Haul

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chanel Spring-Summer Makeup Collection Review/Haul

On Saturday I had an appointment at Chanel to have my makeup done and to get a sneak peek at the new summer makeup collection, Les Pop Up de Chanel. In Canada, the collection does not officially release until May 7th, but my connection at the store downtown Montreal let me get an early look (although no pictures were allowed, understandably. However, I do have pictures and swatches of all products I purchased at the end).
This summer collection is medium sized and, in my opinion, is a solid delivery but nothing mind blowing. The glosses are all unfortunately quite sheer with just a light wash of colour. In the packaging they look incredibly vibrant (hence the name Gloss Fluo), but the colour is very deceiving. I personally could not validate spending $30+ on such sheer glosses, even if the texture is quite lovely.

The three nail polishes are vibrant and fresh, but dupable. The one that I can see selling out the quickest is Nouvelle Vague, a turquoise-green that looks very creamy. The other two are both pink and not terribly unique compared to the new releases from other cheaper ranges (ex Essie and OPI).

The products that I found the most tempting were the two Rouges Allures, Super (Rose) and Genial (coral). Obviously coral is the hottest colour of the season and I am contemplating going back for Genial but I am fearing buyers remorse considering I own 11 (yes, 11) of the Rouge Cocos. We shall see if I can resist the pull of this lovely, wearable, and incredibly smooth colour (hmmm, that description may have just sealed my purchasing fate...)

The one product I did pick up from the collection was a Soleil Tan de Chanel bronzer compact. There are two new limited edition colours being added to this permanent product. I chose #62 as it was the most complimentary to my fair skin tone. I knew before viewing the collection that I was going to pick up a bronzer since I have approximately three days left in my MAC Golden Bronzer.
The remaining products that I purchased were released with Les Impressions de Chanel Sping 2010 Collection:

1) Ombre D'Eau in Torrent, an olive khaki coloured liquid shadow. Be sure to shake well before applying. This product blends out very well either with a brush or our fingertips and can be used alone for a smokey eye or as a base for powder shadows. I consider this to be liquid version of MAC's Sumptuous Olive.
 

2) Les 4 Ombres in Kaska Beige. This quad of shadows can achieve both a wearable and classic day look or a dramatic and smokey evening look. Incredibly versatile, high quality, finely milled and smooth pigments.
**the lightest shade is the farthest on the left but is not very visible in this photo as it is a matte flesh colour, perfect for evening out patchy skin pigmentation. The colour below the quad swatches is the Ombre D'Eau listed above.**

3) Powder Blush in Imprevu, a rosy bronze. This blush is VERY pigmented and should be applied using a light hand. It gives a natural bronzed flush to the skin and is flattering on fair-medium skin tones.

4) Some samples of the Chanel Chance parfum.
**Disclaimer: I received an insider discount on these products for attending the event.**

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, nouvelle vague looks gorgeous! any dupe recommendations for that colour?

-dani
http://onemustbe.blogspot.com/

 
At April 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

It looks like an EXACT dupe of China Glaze's For Audrey. They honestly look identical.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home