This Page

has been moved to new address

Two Outfits=$75 and a Fashion Confession

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Two Outfits=$75 and a Fashion Confession

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Two Outfits=$75 and a Fashion Confession

I said I would never do it. NEVER. But now that old adage "Never say never" has come back to haunt me. So, what have I done? I bought leggings. And I wore them. Yes, I am a leggings hyprocrite.

Allow me to explain. For the past five years (or however long they have been the "it" look) I have had a strong aversion to leggings. I don't think that it is a look that lends itself well to every body type in spite of persistent efforts. I think that leggings can lead to numerous fashion faux pas such as:

1) Visibly noticing someone's undergarments...or lack thereof
2) Wearing leggings as pants with short tops
3) Clinging and squeezing unforgiving areas

I think that in order for the leggings look to be successful, it must be done tastefully...and by that I mean please cover your derriere's. This being said, I have been afraid to breach my "no leggings" rule because I didn't feel I had the confidence to wear bottoms that were so form fitting, even if I wore a long tunic. But all this changed on a recent trip to H&M.

I found these cute zippered leggings and two tunics (plus a belt) all for a total of $75.00 (Canadian). At first I thought I was having a momentary lapse in judgement or sanity, but I was so comfortable that I decided to buy them anyway. If I found that I didn't like them, I would just wear it around the house where no one could see me but the cat. Here are the results:
Leggings: $15.00
Tunic: $13.00
Belt: $7.00
Shoes: Old pair from Aldo

Leggings: Same as above
Tunic: $40
**This tunic is going back to the store because it adds too much volume at my hips, but I thought it was worth showing for those of you with a more narrow frame. It is really cute, but not for me**

Am I a complete leggings convert? No. But I will be keeping my eyes open for long tunics that I can potentially wear with my new leggings. I still think this will be an around the house/neighbourhood look for me. I am too faithful to my summer skirts and dresses to forgo them when going out. Do any of you have a leggings phobia?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 23, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am completely opposed to leggings. But then I would consider what you are wearing in these pictures to be short dresses, not tunics (at least that's what I thought when I was in the other day. And I can guarantee you will see millions of people in them without leggings underneath this summer!). I have no issues whatsoever about leggings under shorter-than-one-would-usually-wear dresses. I think you did good! Love the look.

Alice

 
At June 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Unfortunately, you are right about people wearing these as dresses because I have already spotted a few. So I guess, technically, I didn't REALLY break my leggings rule...LOL. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief. Honestly, I personally wouldn't wear anything shorter than those dresses/tunics with leggings because I wouldn't feel comfortable and I don't think it suits my body.

 
At July 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh I just broke down too! Perhaps we should go tunic shopping together???

 
At July 8, 2010 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Yes please!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home