This Page

has been moved to new address

Is MAC's Stereo Rose Giving You Shopping Woes?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Is MAC's Stereo Rose Giving You Shopping Woes?

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Is MAC's Stereo Rose Giving You Shopping Woes?

Can a product actually live up to this much hype? Call me skeptical, but I just don't see how one mineralize skinfinish can change a woman's life. I have been following the shopping progress of women on the hunt for this limited edition product-which was released Tuesday online and sold-out in two hours and released in-store today-and I am more than flabbergasted. There is a story (not yet confirmed if it is just a rumour) that someone drove 10 HOURS to pick up their own Stereo Rose (cue Celine Dion singing "I Drove all Night to Get to You"). Don't get me wrong, I am sure that many woman actually love this product and will enjoy using it, but the craze has inflated it to Beatles-level stardom.

So here is my question for all of you: Is this shopping obsession fueled by the competitive need to own one of the coveted few or is this really a life altering blush?

I guess I won't be able to answer this question for myself until after I see this product in person. I am going to MAC tomorrow (I wanted to avoid the hoards of people that would be stampeding there today) so I will try and get a swatch of the sold-out wonder.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 8, 2010 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

I felt the craze over Marine Life and Ripe Peach was bigger, maybe it's because I actually wanted this product that I can justify it. I think it's pretty but ya, it's just makeup and people want what they can't have, seems a lot of people couldn't get stereo rose. Also, once people hear that it's nice and "coveted" than they automatically want it. People bought marine life JUST to look at it afterall ;)

 
At July 9, 2010 at 2:05 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

Good point! In all honesty, if I had been near MAC today and Stereo Rose was in stock, I probably would have bought it because the craze has really built up my curiousity. But it still makes me wonder if there wasn't so much build up around certain products, if they would sell out so quickly? Can they stand on their own merits?

 
At July 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM , Anonymous roxane said...

Marine Life, Ripe Peach and Stereo Rose are very nice and i bought them but i admet they are not the most beautiful products in the world lol. I do not understand people pay sometimes almost $50 or more for these powders...

 
At July 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I decided to buy a house in tropica country because I wante to make several parties during the week. For me costa rica investment opportunities was fantastic because I could choose style, color and another kind of things in my house. Now I acquired a huge stereo and I have parties all the time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home