This Page

has been moved to new address

'Tis the Season: Chanel Rouge Allure #207 Famous (Holiday Collection 2011)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: 'Tis the Season: Chanel Rouge Allure #207 Famous (Holiday Collection 2011)

Sunday, December 11, 2011

'Tis the Season: Chanel Rouge Allure #207 Famous (Holiday Collection 2011)

I rarely need an excuse to rock a bold lip, but the Christmas season means I can do so more regularly without the quizzical faces. As the owner of an extensive red lipstick collection, it takes a lot to impress me towards another purchase, but Chanel's Rouge Allure Famous from their 2011 holiday collection, Les Scintillances de Chanel, was love at first swipe.
Famous is a cool toned red with dazzling fuchsia and gold sparkle that will draw people to your lips faster than an amorous couple to mistletoe (WARNING: this may not be a colour you want to wear if you are putting in any of your own time under the mistletoe. I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claaaaaus...). Because of the gorgeous shimmer, Famous has the traditional Rouge Allure opacity without appearing flat or one dimensional. Definitely a modern twist on a classic holiday favourite. Famous very close to Chanel's Rouge Allure Rouge Byzantin-which was not available here in Canada-so a great buy if you missed out on that one.
The wear time of Rouge Allures is a solid six hours or longer, even with Gingerbread Lattes and hors d'œuvres thrown in. Just a quick lip swatch without the corrective powers of a lip liner:


Grade: A+

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 11, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty Lydia! It's perfect!

 
At December 11, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Barb said...

LOVE Chanel!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Alice said...

I need a good red lipstick. The ones I have are sheer and I wear them with lipstains but I want a real lipstick! This might be too cool for my skin tone though.

I love red lips. They makes me so happy.

 
At December 13, 2011 at 1:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love that red. Must buy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home