This Page

has been moved to new address

Anastasia All EYE Want Palette

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Anastasia All EYE Want Palette

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Anastasia All EYE Want Palette

 
I know what you're thinking: "Lydia, seriously? Another neutral eye palette?" In my defence...No, scrap that. There is no defence except that I saw, I swatched, I wanted. Pointe finale. 

I have heard the buzz about Anastasia products for over a year but I always thought it was a brow only line. How wrong I was! When I saw this palette at Sephora in November I was immediately intrigued especially after I swatched it. The colours were so gloriously pigmented and smooth that it tore down all of my misconceptions. I resisted for a while until before Christmas I caved and brought it home. This has been a staple item throughout the holidays and a regular part of my makeup routine since. 

What's Included:

- 9 x 0.025 oz Illumin8 Eye Shadows in matte beige, bronze taupe shimmer, matte peach ivory, gold shimmer, matte camel, silvery taupe shimmer, dark brown with gold shimmer, champagne shimmer, matte chocolate brown with gold flecks
- 0.1 oz Lash Lifting Mascara in black
- 0.085 oz Clear Brow Gel
- Double-Ended Brush 

Price: $40 CAD ($32 US)
Illumin8 Eye Shadows

A great mix of light, medium, and dark warm shades that can be paired in combination for numerous neutral looks for day and night. The shadows are long lasting and smooth with minimal fall-out from the shimmer shades. The pigmentation is very impressive from the first swipe and the lovely colour is not lost once they are blended. The matte shades double as excellent eyebrow powders that can be mixed for the right colour for any woman.
 

 Clear Brow Gel

Love this product. As evidenced by some of the pictures on this blog, I have thick unruly brows that try to migrate in all directions. This clear brow set keeps every hair in place all day and adds the final groomed touch. I will absolutely be investing in more Anastasia brow products (what the line is renowned for). 
 Lash Lifting Mascara
The one dud of this collection is the mascara. It is very dry and does nothing for my lashes except give a little definition. I actually think my tube had already expired because it had a very strong odour (almost rancid) that made my eyes water-which never happens-and I removed it immediately. Thankfully, it was just a sample size so I was only slightly peeved that I had to throw it out. 
Double Ended Brush

Not the best brush on the market but it does the job in a pinch. Definitely better than a useless sponge applicator or minuscule palette brush. 


Grade: A-

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I've never bought any Anastasia products, because I've never had the need to use any brow products - if I did, I'd definitely look into Anastasia's collection though.

It's great to see such a beautiful and pigmented palette from them. Especially with a mixture of matte, shimmery and glittery shades. Absolutely gorgeous!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

It was definitely a smart move for them to include some great matte shades. Perfect for blending out crease colours

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home