This Page

has been moved to new address

NARS and The Product That Shall Not Be Named

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: NARS and The Product That Shall Not Be Named

Sunday, February 12, 2012

NARS and The Product That Shall Not Be Named

I'm a square. I admit it, I rejoice in it, I am unashamed of it. This makes my adoration of and obsession with NARS products a bit of a conundrum because their names would not be uttered from my lips in any other situation. Just when I could finally answer the question "What blush are you wearing?" (NARS Orgasm) before turning multiple shades of mottled pink, NARS releases another Multiple with a name that leaves me sputtering and flustering.
Seriously NARS! We get it. You like to be provocative and counter-cultural. But, SERIOUSLY! Your point has been made. Anything more extreme than this and I may have to go on a reluctant boycott, otherwise my cheeks will have a permanent blush indirectly caused by your products-and not in the "make you money" kind of way. 
I really love the Multiple cream to powder formula. They apply and blend like a dream and last 4-6 hours on my combination skin. A part of the NARS' Holiday 2011 collection, G-Spot (oh you just know spammers are going to show up now) is a rich gold infused gold that imparts a lovely glowing winter flush to cheeks and just-bitten ripeness to lips. It applies fairly sheer-as most multiples do-but builds very well for the perfect amount of pigment as determined by you. 

This product (yes, I am avoiding a name mention) livens the complexion with the fine shimmer glow that appears to be radiating from within. Worn very thin and sheer on the lips over a balm or with a gloss works, but on its own it can be drying. One word of caution is that if you have any textural concerns on your skin (ie acne bumps or enlarged pores), the shimmer in this product may emphasize them in photographs. 

G-Spot is still available in-store and online at Sephora, so it may be a permanent addition to The Multiple range. 

Grade: A-

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Shadowy Lady said...

hahahah you're too cute. Nars naming system doesn't both me and I even find it amusing :D I have a high tolerance for this types of things though.

I need to get my hands on G-spot. I wanted it at first then forgot about it. I have South Pacific and Maldives and they're my weekend/travel staples.

 
At February 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

It is my third multiple and I will definitely be buying more. I have my eyes on Orgasm, Luxor, Maldives and South Beach.

 
At February 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM , Blogger queeeeeenxp said...

i always wanted to try the multiples, doesnt it say u can even use them on your lips? Lol i have no problem with the names.. anyone into makeup should know what orgasm is (the blush) =)
check my page out too for beauty blogging

 
At February 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

You can absolutely use them on your lips but because they dry to a powder finish they can emphasize and dehydrate already chapped lips.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home