This Page

has been moved to new address

One Revlon Lipstick, Two Different Complexions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: One Revlon Lipstick, Two Different Complexions

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Revlon Lipstick, Two Different Complexions

I have been on the hunt for Revlon's Cherries in the Snow lipstick ever since I saw Lollipop26 wearing it in a blog post several months ago. Unfortunately, only the nail polish under the same moniker is available in Canada so I decided to try another Revlon lipstick (my first) since my curiosity had been piqued.

I chose Revlon's Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick #745 Raspberry Bite.
Quite the mouthful for such a small product, but fittingly descriptive. I was pleasantly surprised by this product! It does not have that plasticine smell that a lot of drugstore lippies have and it is very smooth, opaque and long wearing. In fact, I would go as far to say that it is a cheaper version of my Chanel Rouge Coco at a fraction of the cost.

FACE OF THE DAY x2

This "Face of the Day" post has a very special addition this week. I was able to coax my stunningly beautiful sister to pose for me today wearing this lipstick so I could show you all what it would look like on a darker, olive skin tone as well as my own paler skin.
(the flash washed her out a little, but her skin tone is a good two shades darker than mine)
FACE
-Revlon Colourstay
-Amazing Concealer
-NARS Deep Throat

EYES
-MAC Naked Lunch
-MAC Nobility (in the crease)
-Rimmel Lycra Lash Mascara

LIPS
-Revlon Super Lustrous Creme #745 Raspberry Bite

As a comparison, this is my MAC Rebel lipstick (almost same colour and a satin finish) with the same eye look. I think the colour payoff and consistency of the Revlon lipstick is much better. What do you think?
Technorati Claim Token: Y33JVGP635CZ

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

You're right I haven't seen Cherries in the Snow l/s in Canada either :(

 
At July 15, 2010 at 2:16 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

I found the nail polish at Superstore (otherwise known as Maxi), but the lipstick apparently is a US exclusive. I am planning a shopping trip to Seattle over the long weekend so I am going to try and hunt down a tube or two.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home