This Page

has been moved to new address

I'll Get You My Pretty...Oops! Wrong Villain!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: I'll Get You My Pretty...Oops! Wrong Villain!

Friday, October 8, 2010

I'll Get You My Pretty...Oops! Wrong Villain!

Yes, this is yet ANOTHER haul for MAC's highly anticipated Venomous Villains Collection. I know at this point it is like flogging a dead horse, but my package arrived several moments ago and I thought I had better put this up before everything became terribly redundant.


Collection Introduction
In all honesty, I have been very underwhelmed my MAC's collection releases over the past months-it has all been a little "been there, done that, have the limited edition packaging to prove it." And after the Rodarte scandal, they really had to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat to get my attention.

When product images  began to be leaked online I took a quick gander. I thought it was an interesting approach; when one thinks beauty products and Disney, the image of fairy dust, ethereal beauties, and porcelain complexions comes to mind-not dark, brooding, and mysterious. Thankfully for MAC, dark, brooding, and mysterious works for autumn. The villains that spearhead this collection are Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians), Evil Queen (Snow White), Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), and Dr Facilier (The Princess and the Frog).

Usually when MAC releases a segmented collection, each segment has mirrored products, but in different colours  (ex Spring Forecast 2010, Makeup Art Collection 2009). In this case, each villain segment can stand alone as an independent release because there is very little overlap, and, for once, there isn't a  stereotypical MAC eyeshadow quad to be seen. There is, however something for everyone, whether you like nail polish, blush, face powder, lipstick, pigments, eye shadow, lip gloss, etc (For full collection details and product images, visit Temptalia).

The Products


My intention was to to get one item from each segment, but the Dr Facilier products really held no interest for me (all terribly generic and uninspired). My order ended up being divided into two shipments (hence the lateness of this post) because of product shortages. The collection was set to release Tuesday (morning), September 28th online and that Thursday in-stores, but I found in on the MAC Canada website on the Monday night even before they had changed the homepage announcements. Thinking I had beat the masses, I placed an order and received my shipping confirmation only to be notified that She Who Dares mineralized eye shadow had sold out in seconds. So here is the loot I ended up with (and it is all AMAZING):

1) Maleficent My Dark Magic Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo












2) Maleficent Dark Deed Amplified Creme Lipstick







3) Evil Queen Hot House Lipglass
4) Cruella de Vil Wicked Ways Lipglass



Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Tali said...

Seriously amazing photos. You really captured the colors so accurately!!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thanks love! My family gave me a wonderful camera this summer for my birthday (Canon Rebel something or another), so it gets all the credit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home