This Page

has been moved to new address

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre


When I first saw the press photos of the Chanel Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear runway show, what captivated me most was the gorgeous eye makeup. Since then I have been anticipating the Illusion d'Ombre to finally make their appearance on Canadian Chanel counters. After a bit of a hunting expedition (it appears I wasn't the only one waiting eagerly), I tracked down 5 out of 6. These new cream shadows are permanent to the Chanel makeup range.

This intensely shimmering long-wear eyeshadow offers true versatility. An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as eyeshadow or eyeliner. Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula. -Chanel.com
I'm going to call it and say that these win product of the year. There may still be two months left for someone to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat, but it is going to be near to impossible to knock these babies of the pedestal. Everything from the heavy and luxurious packaging to the genius innovation behind the texture of these cream shadows makes them the ultimate beauty indulgence. 
With the unique texture (a cross between a bouncy gel and a thick cream), these eye shadows can be used in a multitude of ways. All shades can be worn alone, as eye shadow bases, and the darker shades are wonderful liners. When the product is compressed with fingers or a brush, there is a detectable bounce that gives the texture a light smoothness that glides on application. I find that the best way to apply is to use fingers. The brush that is supplied works very well but it is simply too small to be manageable with my pudgy fingers. 
(left to right: Emerveille, Ebloui, Epatant, Illusoire, Mirifique)

The colour range is similar to Ombres Perlees de Chanel palette, yet the consistency, colour payoff, and longevity are completely different. The finish is very shimmery and almost metallic, yet you can not feel the sparkle particles. The pigmentation is intense but can easily be sheered out for day wear without losing the signature shimmer. Each shade is multi-dimensional and has captivating nuances that allow them to shine on their own. Another winning point is that these lasted all day without creasing WITHOUT a primer. That never happens with me! 

Grade: A+

Labels:

7 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Vicky A. said...

Love them!!!!

http://beautyverse.blogspot.com/ take a look at my blog and follow back if you want!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Jenn A. said...

They're all so gorgeous! I've been wanting to try these for a while. I definitely want to get Illusoire and Mirifique.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Mirifique is so versatile! You don't loose any of the shimmer when you blend it out and it works amazingly well as an eyeliner.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Shadowy Lady said...

for a Chanel fiend, I'm ashamed to say I still haven't bought any of these :/ I just keep getting distracted by their gorgeous lipsticks (the holiday ones and then the RA velvets).

This weekend though, I will pick up a couple! I'm loving Epatant and Mirifique

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I bought one of the holiday ones this weekend and it is unbelievable! The velvet lipsticks are so tempting me right now

 
At November 10, 2011 at 2:03 AM , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

WOW I am jealous of your collection!

 
At June 2, 2022 at 11:49 PM , Anonymous Sean said...

Great post thank yyou

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home