This Page

has been moved to new address

Chanel Spring 2011: Les Perles de Chanel

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Chanel Spring 2011: Les Perles de Chanel

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chanel Spring 2011: Les Perles de Chanel


Last night I attended a Spring Makeup and Fashion Trend Seminar at CHANEL. It was a wonderful evening with lovely hors d'oeuvres, live demonstrations, trend reviews, and gorgeous products. We were all sent away with swag bags full of amazing product samples (will be reviewing each of those separately). I brought my mom with me (we were long overdue for a Girl's Night Out), and we each bought products with the intention of sharing our goodies instead of buying duplicates; so we amassed a good representation of what this collection has to offer. SIDENOTE: I will write my Spring Trends post separately and link it here.

In creating Les Perles de Chanel, Peter Philips,Global Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup, was inspired by Coco Chanel's belief that the light-reflecting property of pearls enhanced a woman’s natural beauty by bringing a delicate luminosity to her skin. Peter drew his colour palette from Tahitian pearls. There isn't a single product in this collection that isn't breathtaking   and superior in texture, colour, application and ingenuity. 

1. Ombres Perlées de CHANEL (Limited Edition)

If you were to indulge in any product from this collection, this would be the one. In some locations, this highly anticipated product sold out in a matter of minutes. What makes this quint so special? These are oil-free dry cream shadows. Sounds like a contradiction doesn't it? They are comprised of multi-dimensional pigments that    reflect different hues in varying light, just like pearls. I was forewarned not to use my fingers on this product (no matter how tempting the texture is) because they are quite delicate and the oils from your hands will compromise the integrity of the product over time. These shadows are crease-proof, smudge-proof, and smear-proof...in other words, they are fool-proof.  **Note how in the pictures, the colours pick up different tones depending on the lighting**
2. Les 4 Ombres: Regardes Perles (Permanent)

This is a lovely quad that is perfect for any occasion. These shadows are a step up from some of my other CHANEL quads, which can sometimes be powdery. They have medium pigmentation, but can also be used wet if you want higher impact. My favourite shade is the blackened forest green, which will be perfect for a monochromatic smokey eye. 

3. Joues Contraste Espiegle

I am in blush heaven. This blush is so finely milled that it feels like silk. It applies seamlessly against the skin and adds a perfectly luminous and natural flush to the complexion. In my opinion, this wears best on light-medium skintones; darker skintones will require a heavier hand to achieve the same affect. Because it is a neutral peach colour, it can be worn with most lipstick or eyeshadow shades. 

4. Rouge Coco Jersey Rose

The same luxurious Rouge Coco formula that hooked me on the first swipe months ago

5. Nakkar and Aragonite Glossimers

This is my first foray into the land of CHANEL Glossimers. They are renowned for their buttery, non-sticky texture and kalediscope of micro-shimmer. I feel like Glossimers are the adult approach to lipgloss because they are subtle, yet still incredibly radiant. Aragonite is a perfect top coat for any lipstick. It adds vibrancy and mystery to any shade, so do not be fooled by the apparently bland white veneer. Glossimers are one of those unique products that can not be done justice in a photo.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At January 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cream eyeshadows DO look completely different! When I saw the first photo I thought, hmmmm, the colours are too cool for me.... but then in other light they look so warm!

Very neat.

 
At January 23, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Shadowy Lady said...

aaah what a lovely haul girl! Everything looks so divine! I want to treat myself to one item, which one do you think I should get?

I absolutely love glossimers, I bought my first one 3 years ago and they hooked me into Chanel

 
At January 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Alice: These are the type of shadows that when you wear certain colours or move into different light, they pick up different hues. SO GORGEOUS

@Shadowy Lady: I would definitely suggest Ombres Perlées de CHANEL. My favourite glossimer of this collection is is Aragonite because you can use it with ANYTHING. Let me know if you get something!

 
At January 23, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

is the Joues Contraste blush in Espiegle permanent?

 
At January 23, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Vanilla: I don't think so but I am not 100% sure. I know that it was selling out really fast and that usually indicates that it is a limited edition product.

 
At January 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Arianne (Glitter Geek) said...

Holy crap! You hauled big! :) All of these look incredible.

I think it's just my crazy oily eyelids but the quint creased on me a bit even over Too Faced Shadow Insurance. None with UDPP though, so thank goodness!

I'd love to see some looks out of your new goodies. :) Pretty please?

 
At January 24, 2011 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Arianne I have 3 looks planned with these products :) I'm happy we decided to share because it certainly helped with the cost. I am officially on a no-buy until the end of March. Thankfully I have a ton of products waiting to be reviewed/experimented with.

I had foundation on my lids the first day and UDPP the second and I had barely perceptible to no creasing. I should test them on a naked lid since mine tend to get oily if I don't put some kind of base on.

 
At February 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

Aaah Chanel, what more can I say.

Michelle
xx

 
At February 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Michelle That pretty much sums it up perfectly ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home