This Page

has been moved to new address

Urban Decay NAKED2 Overview

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Urban Decay NAKED2 Overview

Monday, January 9, 2012

Urban Decay NAKED2 Overview

Rarely is the sequel better than the original...until recently. Sherlock Holmes 2? Better than the first. Naked2? If you are a fan of cooler toned neutrals, then it is better. If you embrace all neutrals, then it is on par and just as good as the original. 

This is more of an overview than a review. Everybody and their Aunty Em has posted about this product, but there is a reason it is getting so much attention. Plain and simple, it is fantastic and what neutral palette dreams are made of. 
My one small semi-complaint is the reappearance of Half-Baked. Enough already. That's all.
 
 

NAKED (Original) VERSUS NAKED2
The NAKED packaging is lighter and more flexible, yet it dirties more quickly because of the velour top. The mirror in NAKED2 is more serviceable because it is larger. In general, NAKED is warmer toned than NAKED2. There are one or two colours between the palettes that look similar to one another in the pan, but really look different once they are applied. I think these two palettes compliment each other well and are different enough that they cover your whole range of neutral needs. 
Grade: A

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Rica said...

Part of me wants to get it because it's gorgeous, and part of me knows that it's too similar to have both. Maybe I will get it when I go to the US 'cause the price is cheaper!

Thanks for the review! Love the photos!

x Rica

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I don't have either of the palettes... yet. I'm thinking of purchasing the Naked 2, just because it comes with a brush, and has more matte shades in it. Plus, the color 'Tease' really intrigues me :)

Thanks for the review and photos!!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Alice said...

I would really like to try one of these. I just can't rationalize the cost. Sad Alice. :)

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

The price is a good point. It is $50 US and I got mine for $54 CAD. Now Sephora is selling them for $60 CAD. I would definitely recommend getting them in the US if you can.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home