This Page

has been moved to new address

Dior Addict Extreme: Swatches and Initial Impressions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Dior Addict Extreme: Swatches and Initial Impressions

Friday, March 2, 2012

Dior Addict Extreme: Swatches and Initial Impressions

This morning while on the phone with a Dior Sales Associate I got good news, "The Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks are here but I don't have any testers. We can open them up but we can't swatch. Do you still want to come in and see them?" 

Um, is that even a legitimate question to ask a lipstick addict? YES!!

My local Sephora does not know when these will be appearing in-store (they are currently available online) but the Bay is starting to receive their shipments this week. If your friendly Dior SA is nearly as saintly as mine, they will be happy to give you an advance peek before they officially hit counters. 

 The structure of the packaging is identical to the Dior Addict range, except the Extremes have a ultra-chic black exterior that gives an overall luxe feel. Because the black is surrounded by translucent plastic, it does not show finger prints or smudges (like the Chanel packaging). 
There are 12 shades in this new line ranging from soft neutrals to rich and bold statement colours. Sephora will be releasing 4 additional exclusive shades. Whereas Dior Addict lipsticks have a glossy gel-like consistency, the Dior Addict Extremes have more of a radiant shine and butter texture. I was so pleased with how weightless these feel on the lips. They feel so moisturizing and have a good amount of slip, especially for a long wearing formula. 

This long-wearing lipstick goes the distance, resisting fading while adding bold color and beautiful shine. The expert formula combines waxes, radiant oils, and hyaluronic microspheres for ultimate comfort and a lip-plumping effect.  (Sephora)

left to right: Avenue, Bellisima, Sunset Boulevard, Paparazzi, Black Tie
As soon as I got home, I tore in to the packaging since these were a blind buy with only the colour in the tube to go by. I quickly swatched them on my arm and let out a huge sigh of relief. They are glorious. Here are some quick lip swatches:

Avenue

Bellisima

 Paparazzi

Sunset Boulevard

Black Tie

Grade: A

Labels:

14 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAACCCCkkkk! These look AMAZING!! YOu picked beautiful shades from just the tube! I want them all!
What's the wear time?

 
At March 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I was a little worried about Black Tie being too dark because it looks black in the tube, but it is probably my favourite colour of them all!

I have been wearing Avenue for about 4 hours now and it is still staying strong. Very little fading so far and it still feel moisturizing.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM , Anonymous Rebecca said...

Wow!! These are beautiful. Especially Avenue. I've never tried Dior lipsticks, but I hear only amazing things about them... Thanks for the post, Lydia!!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Larie said...

These are gorgeous! I need to get my hands on these.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

Oh my god, these look absolutely gorgeous! <3 <3 L-O-V-E.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow! bellissima looks gorgeous! thanks for the review!

 
At March 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger All About Ali Mai said...

These look gorgeous, I will be checking these out. x

 
At March 11, 2012 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Stephie said...

These shades are gorgeous! Quite tempted to get 'Paparazzi' and 'Sunset Boulevard' now! Thanks for the swatches :-)

Steph @ stephie-in-wonderland.blogspot.com

 
At March 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM , Blogger sleepandwater said...

These all look like such luscious shades. I can't pick a fav!

 
At March 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Stephie Sunset Boulevard is my favourite between the two.

 
At June 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM , Blogger candita said...

Just ordered Avenue and Paparazzi thanks to your swatches! Can't wait!

 
At June 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

So happy I could help. I think you will love them!

 
At July 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Nancy Pierson said...

Can you tell me is Bellissima more of a red shade or a berry shade? Thank you

 
At July 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Nancy: I think the best way to describe Bellisima is a fuschia with strong red undertones. If you are looking for a true berry colour then I recommend Black Tie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home