This Page

has been moved to new address

Tag: 40 Beauty Questions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Tag: 40 Beauty Questions

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tag: 40 Beauty Questions


SKINCARE
  1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Twice
  2. What skin type do you have (dry,oily,combo)? Combination-Acne Prone
  3. What is your current facial wash? Mario Badescu Acne Facia Cleansar
  4. Do you exfoliate? What brand do you use? YES. Proactiv Renewing Cleansar (I find that this was too harsh on my skin for everyday use, but the granules make it a perfect exfoliator.)
  5. What moisturizer do you use? Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
  6. Do you have freckles? Nope, but I do love my beauty marks.
  7. Do you use eye cream? Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
  8. Do you or did you have acne prone skin? Yes and Yes
  9. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? Yes, for many years.
MAKE-UP
  1. What foundation do you use? Makeup Forever HD, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Makeup Forever Velvet Matte
  2. How about concealer? Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (for under-eye circles), MAC Studio Finish Concealer (for blemishes)
  3. Do you know your undertone color? Yellow
  4. What do you think of fake eyelashes? I think they are a great addition to dramatic looks or when you are trying to accentuate they eyes. Personally, I do not use them aside from special occasions but many people find use for them in their daily lives.
  5. Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes. Or earlier if it starts to clump.
  6. What brand of mascara do you use? Oh boy. This is going to be quite the list: Lancome, L'Oreal, Rimmel, Benefit, Maybelline.
  7. Sephora or MAC? Sephora. I do not like being a one-brand girl. I have a lot of love to share around but I do spend considerable amounts of time in Sephora, MAC and Murale.
  8. Do you have a MAC Pro-card? *sigh* I wish. My bank account would be able to give a sigh of relief.
  9. What makeup tools do you use in make up application? A better question is "What makeup tools do I NOT use in my application?" I have and extensive brush collection and they are all used frequently. They only thing I DO NOT use is sponges because it is not sanitary to use them more than once and the accumulation in the waste bin is not environment friendly.
  10.  Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? Benefit F.Y.Eye, Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC Painterly Paint Pot
  11. Primer for the face? Smashbox Photofinish Light
  12. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? What an impossible question! I favour neautral and plum tones.
  13. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? I am more partial to gel or cream liners but I do use pencil eyeliners as well.
  14. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Hahaha. On a daily basis.
  15. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? I am not a fan of them because a I am fanatic about cleanliness and they tend to be a little messy. I prefer pressed shadows, however there are many beautiful pigments out there. If I had more time and patience they would be another additive to my makeup addiction.
  16. Do you use mineral makeup? MAC Mineralize Skinfinish
  17. What is your favorite lipstick? Any of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils
  18. How about lipgloss? This will get me flogged by the beauty community but I am not obsessed with lipglosses. I do enjoy lipsticks such as the MAC Slimshines or the YSL Gloss Volupte Sheer Sensual Gloss Stick
  19. What is your favorite blush to use? NARS Orgasm, MAC Breathe of Plum, ELF Studio Line Peachy Keen
  20. Do you buy your makeup on ebay? No. I have trust issues with Ebay, LOL.
  21. Do you like drugstore makeup? Mascaras are generally the only drugstore makeup products that I purchase but I am trying to be less of a cosmetic snob. Reall, I am trying.
  22. Do you go to CCO's (cosmetic company outlets)? I have been twice since we don't have one here in Canada.
  23. Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? Absolutely. Hopefully, sometime in the near future.
  24. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? No, I am quite a perfectionist and I have very functional set-up.
  25. Name a makeup crime that you hate? Orange face and white necks. Oompa Loompa is not flattering on anyone.
  26. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? Colourful shades done tastefully and complimented by neutral shades.
  27. Which celebrity always has great make up? Olivia Palermo, Lea Michele, Reese Witherspoon
  28. If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use? Foundation
  29. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Sure...I will be the person walking down the street with a paper bag over my face. LOL!
  30. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? We are our biggest critics. Honestly, if I can rid of my acne scarring I would be more inclined to go bare faced.
  31. In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line? Every makeup line has their own strengths and weaknesses. If I had to choose one makeup line that has general strengths in most areas, I would have to say MAC; however, I do not think that MAC is the holy grail of cosmetics.
  32. What do you think of Makeup? I think that makeup is a tool to accentuate a woman's favourite features without overpowering their uniqueness and natural beauty. It is also a medium for creativity and artistry.

3 Comments:

At March 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Have you ever used retinol for acne? i was thinking about trying philosophy on a clear day.

 
At March 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I have indeed used a retinol cream for acne. In fact, I used the philosophy line that you are thinking of. Unfortunately, the Philosophy line did not help my acne at all (it actually made me break out more), but everyone's skin responds differently and any people have had success with that particular line. Retinol is an excellent remedy for adult acne prone skin.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Anonymous Beauty Products said...

Nice questions.
10 on 10 :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home