This Page

has been moved to new address

Face and Nails of the Day: In A Navy State of Mind

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Face and Nails of the Day: In A Navy State of Mind

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Face and Nails of the Day: In A Navy State of Mind

I love navy blue almost as much as I love black. The only difference is that I wouldn't slap black eyeshadow all over my lid and call it a day, whereas I would do that with navy blue. I don't think that smokey eyes need to be only for creatures of the night-they are perfectly adaptable to a softer day look if you use the right products and application. And smokey does not necessarily equate black and grey either.

I have recently rediscovered my love for Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows. They can be applied with your fingers, they don't crease or budge all day, and they come in a myriad of colours. Lately I have been reaching for Strut, a frosted mid-tone bluish gray that can be intensified for a night look with just a few more pats of product. Here is a look that I have been sporting during the day over the past few weeks:

Products Used


Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (as finishing powder)
MAC Dainty Mineral Blush
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Strut (all over eye lid)
MAC Pearl Glide Liner in Petrol Blue (along upper lashline)
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
MAC Special Edition Lipglass Viva Glam VI
OPI Russian Navy

(Blue lid colour is actually darker in person, but the flash washed it out slightly)


My sister hates dark polish-she thinks it is too Gothic and vampy. When she saw my fingers, she laughingly said "Your nails look evil!" I cleverly responded, "Dark colours are slimming and I don't want people to see my pudgy fingers." LOL.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2010 at 5:47 AM , Anonymous Mineral makeup said...

I just want to say that great idea. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home