This Page

has been moved to new address

Best Beauty Products of 2010

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Best Beauty Products of 2010

Friday, December 31, 2010

Best Beauty Products of 2010


Best Beauty Brands of the Year
Chanel 
Urban Decay

Best New Product of 2010
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipsticks
Urban Decay Naked Palette

Most Surprisingly Amazing Product of 2010
Makeup Forever Aqua Creme

Best High-End Mascara
Dior Show Mascara

Best Drugstore Mascara
Maybelline Falsies

Best Eyeshadow Base
Urban Decay Primer Potion

Best Cream Eyeshadow
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow

Best Loose Eyeshadow
MAC pigments

Best Powder Eyeshadow
Inglot 
Dior
Urban Decay

Best Cream/Gel Eyeliner
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

Best Pencil Eyeliner
MAC Pearlglide Eyeliners

Best Liquid Eyeliner
High End: Lancome Liquid Eyeliner
Affordable: Annabelle Liquid Eyeliner

Best Lipgloss
Chanel Glossimer

Best Lipstick
High End: Chanel Rouge Coco
Affordable: Revlon 

Best Cheek Highlighter
NARS Copacabana
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (assorted)

Best Lipstain
Tarte Lipsurgenece Lip Stain (regular and Matte)

Best Blush
NARS Deep Throat
Benefit Coralista

Best Cream Blush
Makeup Forever HD Blush

Best Bronzer
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Matte
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

Best Makeup Brushes
MAC
Sigma HD Brushes

Best Face Primer
Cover FX Clear Prep

Best Concealer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Best Liquid Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Best Powder Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder
Revlon Colorstay Powder Foundation

Best Setting Powder
Makeup Forever HD Powder
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

Best Tinted Moisturizer
**mixing my liquid foundation with my moisturizer**

Best Hand Cream
Avon Moisture Therapy

Best Cuticle Cream
Go Nails Nail Cream

Best Nail Polish
OPI

Best Nail Polish Top Coat
OPI Top Coat

Best Body Scrub
Bliss Vanilla +Bergamot Body Buff

Best Face Exfoliator
H20 Sea Pure Gentle Refining Polish
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Best Face Cleanser
Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash
H2O Sea Pure Creamy Facial Cleanser 

Best Daytime Moisturizer
Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer
Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer

Best Evening Moisturizer
H2O Sea Pure Deep Moisturizer

Best Makeup Remover
Marcelle Cleansing Water

Best Body Moisturizer
Body Shop Body Butter

Best Shampoo
Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco Shampoo

Best Conditioner
Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco Conditioner

Best Hairspray
NEXXUS Maxxiumum Super Hold Styling and Finishing Mist

Best Heat Protectant
got2b Guardian Angel Spray (for straightener and curling iron)

Best Home Spa Product
Clarisonic Plus

Best Perfume (Day)
Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
YSL La Parisienne

Best Perfume (Evening)
Givenchy Hot Couture Eau de Parfum
Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum

Best Makeup Palette
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Too Faced Neutral Eye
Too Faced Naked Eye
Lise Watier Jingle Belle Holiday Palette

Best Eyebrow Product
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil
Benefit Brow Zings Compact

Best Face Spray
Makeup Forever Mist & Fix

Best Personal Grooming Product
Tweezerman Tweezers

Best Makeup Trend
Classic Lady
Return of Lipstick

Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 2, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's interesting that you consider the Hot Couture an evening scent. Granted, I have the EdT, not the EdP, but to me it is a total day scent! I wear it to school all the time.

Love this list!

 
At January 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

the Eau de Parfum is heavier and richer than the Eau de Toilette. I wear it during the day too because it has a really long staying power but a lot of people classify it as an evening scent.

 
At January 3, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't usually handle EdPs.... too strong for my delicate little nose. In fact, I can hardly wear Viva La Juicy which makes me sad since I love it.

MY little makeup obsessed cousin has started a youtube channel!!!!! I showed her your channel as an example of a 'real person' who I know who does this. HEr name is kathryn2pointOH and I know she'd love it if you would check the channel out.

I got her inglot eyeshadows for xmas and she flipped out. I am so proud to have a little makeup obsessed relative!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

see I have the opposite problem! EdTs don't last long on my skin and EdPs mellow out pretty quickly but have long staying power. This just goes to show you that a person's skin chemistry really affects how they react to a perfume!

I am going to check your cousin's channel out right now! So exciting. Inglot eyeshadows are one of my favourites so I can imagine her reaction. I have been scaling back on my YouTube channel. I simply can't find the motivation to put up a video, especially since all the drama/negativity that has been surrounding beauty channels lately. I think I come across clearer in my posts but I do have a few more vids planned, so we'll see how it goes.

 
At January 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I really wish Vancouver had an INGLOT. Just another reason to come and visit Montreal in the Spring!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love your blog, especially since you write so well (can't read any blogs that are poorly written). But I love your videos too. Mostly because of the way you speak. :) I love the way you pronounce words like 'kitten' (as in kitten heel... otherwise it might be a bit random and odd).

I am making an effort to not spend $$ now that I am going to be jobless (well, more of an effort than before), but I tried out a benefit cream eyeshadow the other day and loved it. I might have to buy one. A peachy golden one. That I absolutely do not need. Ah well!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

BAHAHAHA! Kitten. I just turned to Noah and said "kitten" and he meowed. LOL.

I am really trying to save up to come to Montreal in the spring (especially since prices sky rocket around Spring Break), so I am limiting how much makeup I buy. Thankfully, I have a lot of products I still haven't reviewed so I won't be at a loss for blog posts. I allowing myself to get something from two collections (MAC and Chanel) because I still have some gift cards, and then it is a makeup fast.

 
At March 31, 2011 at 6:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advice to all who love to sample free make up, this is the place to be for all your cosmetics. http://freemakeupsamples4u.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home