This Page

has been moved to new address

Overview: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Overview: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Overview: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows

After I wrote my previous post glorifying the Benefit Femme Metale kit, I decided I would pen (actually, type) a proper ode to my favourite cream shadows. I purchased two more limited edition creams from Sephora last week so I thought now would be a great time to get my swatch on!

Benefit is the company that first turned me on to cream eyeshadows and they have remained my favourite despite growing competition in the market. Their texture is unrivaled in its buttery smoothness and easy blendabilty. The consistency of these products does not change from one shade to another-you can always expect the same feel, which is not the case with other brands. These creams are glittery without having abrasive chunks of sparkle that clump. They promise to be long wearing and crease proof and they certainly deliver. I have yet to have one of them even begin to dry out and I have had them for a year. I love that they can be layered, mixed, sheered out or built up to achieve any look you want. 

My New Hues


Sephora has four exclusive colours that were recently added to the regular range. From what I am hearing these aren't limited edition but they are still selling like hot cakes. My local Sephora only had 2 of the 4 in stock (missing were Ice Shot and Purple Snap). I was able to procure Silver Spoon and Tidal Wave:





Steady Favourites

My everyday work makeup needs to be low maintenance yet still chic...well, chic isn't an occupational requirement, but it is my requirement. I don't have time to touch up my makeup at lunch time so these are often my first choice in shadows; I know that they won't smudge, migrate beneath my eyes or rub off a few hours in to the day.  

Here are my tried and true favourites (missing are Get Figgy and Stiletto which are finished):

**click to enlarge**

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 24, 2010 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

I am debating between getting one of these (or some) or the mac paint pots to use as eyeshadow bases, but I was looking for a neutral pale one like mac's paintery and couldn't find one.

 
At December 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Justine All of the Benefit creams work great as bases. If you are looking for a neutral pale your best bet would MAC's Painterly or Soft Ochre. I have used Painterly for years and it is one of th best bases out there, but can dry quickly because the packaging doesn't always keep out air. Unfortunately the Benefit creams are all frosty/shimmery. Birthday Suit by Benefit is a great neutral tone that adds a slight sheen to the eyes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home