This Page

has been moved to new address

Oh Mr Golden Sun, Please Shine Down On Me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Oh Mr Golden Sun, Please Shine Down On Me

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh Mr Golden Sun, Please Shine Down On Me

I just returned from a week in the sun on the Mayan Riviera and the only reason I am not burned like crispy bacon is because of my hat and my obsessive sunscreen applications. Last year I returned from my trip looking like a cherry tomato with psoriasis-even after cowering in the shade-so I was determined to put on my armor and laugh in the sun's rays this year. 

I took a risk and brought 4 new sunscreens with me to test their efficacy in the extreme heat and humidity of the Mayan Riviera. Thanks to these products, I came back without a single splotch of redness or peeling. Sure I don't look like I went anywhere because of my complete lack of tan, but 20-30 years from now I won't be lamenting about irresponsible sun tanning practices giving me premature wrinkles, and I'm okay with that. 

Body

Coppertone ultraGuard Continuous Spray SPF 70+

  • broad spectrum protection UVA/UVB
  • waterproof
  • goes on clear (albeit shiny until it dries) and no rubbing is required
  • quick and even application
  • no hassle applying to sand covered feet







Face (cream)

Clinique Sun SPF 50 Face Cream

  • water and sweat resistant
  • oil free and non-acnegenic 
  • worn either under moisturizer or in place of your moisturizer
  • can be mixed with foundation to make a tinted sunscreen
  • antioxidants to shield from environmental aggressors
  • broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection







Face (spray)


Dermalogica Waterblock Solar Spray SPF 30

  • water resistant up to 80 minutes
  • full spectrum protection
  • alcohol free
  • perfect for touching up your face protection during the day and can be applied over makeup
  • dry feeling spray 
  • looks oily when first applied but dries very quickly to an undetectable finish







Lips


Twist and Pout Lip Moisturizer SPF 20

  • UVA/UVB Protection
  • not only protects your lips, but leaves them silky smooth and glossed
  • soft enough that it can be applied with a lip brush or fingers
  • clips to my beach bag, keys, or purse
  • adorable packaging that has something for everyone-from the sporty and minimalist to the girly and flamboyant (I have the purple one pictured above)
  • smells and tastes delicious
I will 100% be repurchasing this products and making them permanent members of my arsenal. 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Alice said...

I love the Coppertone one! Last year I bought a Neutrogena one and hated it, but I really wanted a continuous spray sunscreen so I thought I'd try a real sunscreen brand. It's a bit fume-y, but amazing. I love it for quickly doing my shoulders, chest, back and arms on sunny days.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Agreed! I didn't like the Neutrogena one at all. I love the efficacy of spray sunscreens.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Alice said...

It makes me so much more likely to wear full coverage whenever my arms are bare. Even on cloudy days. I am good when it's sunny out, but this helps all the time. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home