This Page

has been moved to new address

Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow Review and Swatches

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow Review and Swatches

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow Review and Swatches


This bounc-i-licious new eye color offers the ultimate experience with an unexpectedly plush, lightweight texture and vivid color. It leaps and bounds beyond what you've come to expect from eye color and better, yet, it's even waterproof. Named after our loyal four-legged friends, these stay-put shades will be your faithful new beauty companions as they comfort and care for your pretty peepers. The mineral-infused, paraben-free formula pampers delicate skin with soothing Aloe extract and Vitamin E—all with a non-greasy, long-wearing finish. Touch it. Pet it. Love it. -Sephora.com

I don't see and end to my cream eyeshadow obsession any time soon. They just make my early morning routine so much easier. Unscrew the lid, swipe some product on and PRESTO! Ready to face the world looking put together in 30 seconds. 

Buxom first bought my loyalty (or rather I bought the product, they got the loyalty) with their Big and Healthy Lip Stick. ADDICTED. Since then I have enjoyed a lot of the releases from Buxom and think their products are quality and worth investing in. The newest addition to their eye makeup range is the Stay-There Eyeshadow line. 

In my opinion, these are a lesser mimic of the Chanel Illusion D'ombres texture: bouncy souffle consistency that offers smooth application. The pigments are quite light and apply significantly more sheerer than how they appear in the pot. This level of payoff is great for subtle day wear but would require layering for a more dramatic or contrasting look. The colour is buildable but will never be opaque, but the sparkle will be intensified to make more of a statement. 

Buxom boasts that these shadows are long wearing, creaseproof, and water proof and I agree...somewhat. With a primer underneath, these shadows won't move until you want them to. However, without a primer on oily lids they are susceptible to slight creasing and fading after a full day of wear. They held up well in the horizontal rain storm I put them through last week so I would agree that they are "waterproof." The product does dry quite quickly so you will have to work fast to avoid unevenness or patchy spots. 
The pots are very small and don't hold a lot of colour-roughly the size of a Bobbi Brown gel eye liner. I am not sure if I would repurchase these in spite of the fun texture. I would rather spend a little more for the Chanel Illusion D'ombre (which holds triple the amount of product and more pigmentation) or the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows, but these will be fun to use while they last. 

Grade: B+

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 3, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Jenn A. said...

I've been eyeing these at the store, in particular the shade Saint Bernard. The ones you got are really pretty too! The Chanel Illusion D'ombres are also on my list. Looks like we have a similar obsession. :)

 
At November 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I'm a sucker for neutral shades. You won't be disappointed with the Chanel shadows!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Vicky A. said...

aaahh I want them all!!!

http://beautyverse.blogspot.com/ please take a look at my blog and follow back id you want!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home