This Page

has been moved to new address

Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick and Gloss

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick and Gloss

Monday, November 22, 2010

Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick and Gloss



I have spoken about the Buxom Big & Healthy Lipsticks a few times on my YouTube channel but I have erroneously forgotten to post swatches or a written review. So here I am, in all my official (yea right) capacity. In a brief summary, I love the lipsticks and gag on the lip glosses.

Let's save the best for last and address the lip glosses. If I had to describe them in one sentence I would say "Thick, sticky, gloopy mess infused with obnoxious sparkles and laced with an ether sweet scent." Pointe finale. The packaging is much nicer and higher quality than MAC glosses, but that is where my "likes" end. Swatch time:

There is a horrible suction sound when you remove the applicator, as if the brush is fighting through the sludge...um, I mean product.

There isn't anything terribly unique or awe inspiring about the colours. The plumping aspect does work nicely but is not worth having your lips tarred together. To be fair, the full size lip polish is significantly thinner and less sticky in consistency than the diamond polishes.

(Dolly, Claire, Celeste, April, Star)

For me, the lipsticks are a completely different matter. I have loved these since my first encounter, and have continually added to my collection as new colours are released (I am currently lemming after Shanghai and San Francisco). Why do I love these so much? They are satin finish, long wearing, lip plumping, very pigmented, easy to use, sleek packaging...I could go on and on. The only element that I am not too fond of is the artificial cookie dough sent, but some people love it.



 (Amsterdam, Las Vegas, Bombay, Brooklyn, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Havana)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At November 22, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Shaylee Anne said...

You are so cute! I love how you described the glosses, I was giggling out loud! I will definitely be passing on the glosses but am very intrigued about the lipsticks! Great post and video! :)

 
At November 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

;) Thanks sweetie! I had to edit out the part of me trying on the lip gloss and making "gag face." Don't want to scare away subscribers LOL

 
At November 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the "plumping lip polish" in Candi and love it. I agree it smells bad, but it has actually kind of grown on me over time. And I actually really like the thicker formula since for me it ends up staying put much longer than a regular gloss.

And you can't beat the Candi shade. You even complimented me on it when we were at everyone's grad a couple of years ago!

This post inspired me to go find this gloss (normally I wear tinted balms) and wear it to work today. I am loving it all over again.

To each his own!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I prefer the plumping lip polishes consistency to these diamond ones. I just looked up Candi and the colour is really lovely. I tend to put lip gloss over lipstick or a lip stain so maybe that is why the thicker consistency bothers me. I shall try them on their lonesome and see if I can grow accustomed ;)(I don't want to throw full tubes of product out). I love having makeup conversations with you Alice!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I love it too. Especially when I am stuck in the after school duty (detention/test writing) room until 5pm!!!

I wear it over a lip stain sometimes. But it is thick, no arguing. I just like that as I find a thin gloss wears off my lips in minutes.

You could also pop those glosses in the mail and see if I like them! It's my birthday on Friday.... hint hint. Hehe. But do try to like them yourself first!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked on the website... I like the look of the tint ones!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

You seriously want them?! SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS! They are all yours.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 5:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No guarantees I'll like them, but I might as well try them out!!! I am a little scared of the massive glitter, but worth seeing, I think.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I would much rather send them to you to try then just throwing them straight in the trash. At least if you don't like them, two people tried them before they were binned LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home