This Page

has been moved to new address

It's All In The Name: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: It's All In The Name: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Review

Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's All In The Name: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Review

When I first found out that Chanel was discontinuing Prolumiere foundation I was devastated. Now that I am completely converted to Perfection Lumiere all I can say is "Prolumiere who?" Why I ever doubted the genius of Peter Phillips for even a second shames this beauty fanatic. 
Perfection Lumiere feels like an imperceptible second skin in spite of its medium buildable coverage. This foundation layers for fuller coverage without caking, creasing, or highlighting skin texture imperfections. My skin looks and feels smoother after applying and stays that way for a sold 12 hours (a miracle for my combination-oily skin!). The finish is a gorgeous natural matte that initially applies a little dry but settles to a slightly luminous satin matte. This keeps the skin from looking deadened or flat, like is sometimes the case with Mat Lumiere. 

The formula is so much more manageable and long wearing than Mat Lumiere because it isn't infused with powder particles. Even though it was released simultaneously with the discontinuing of Pro Lumiere they are nothing alike, dispelling the rumour that Perfection Lumiere was a replacement in formula. In fact, these foundations are suited best to two completely different skin types. Dry skins should avoid Perfection Lumiere and opt instead for Vitalumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua, or Lift Lumiere. Those formulas have more slip and dewiness that facilitates smoother application and longevity on drier complexions. All Chanel foundations have a light rose scent, but that doesn't disturb my sensitive skin or cause breakouts. 

Even though I have many skin imperfections (such as blemishes and acne scars) to cover, I actually like the medium coverage and don't build it up to full. Any extra concealing I need can be done with a concealer so that the rest of skin is not unnecessarily covered. Sometimes trying to get your skin to look "too perfect" means you are walking around with more makeup on than necessary. 

(Beige Rose 22, left: unblended; right: blended)
There is a diverse and impressive colour range of over 20 shades spanning four skin undertones: Beige Rose, Beige, Beige Ambre, Ambre. Both Beige Rose 22 and Beige 20 worked on my skin, but I preferred how the Beige Rose naturally warmed up my collection a little for the winter, when I usually look pasty white. Warmed up does not mean tan or bronze by any means; simply that the undertone has a hint more pink that makes me look healthy while blending seamlessly down the neck. My one warning with this range is that it oxidizes to be slightly darker 15 minutes after application and then stabilizes to that colour for 12 hours. When picking your ideal shade, test two colours and wander around the store for 15 minutes and then pick. 

The packaging is the standard luxurious Chanel glass bottle with a pump. The dispenser is easy to control with either half pumps or full pumps meaning you are not wasting product (important when a foundation is in this price point). Perfection Lumiere applies best with a dense foundation or bushing brush.
I don't believe this foundation has been released in Canada yet. I have harassed a few Chanel counters around Vancouver and they all say they don't know when it will be released. I bought mine at Nordstrom's in Seattle.

Grade: A+

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 13, 2011 at 11:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup! It's definitely not for drier skins or if you have dry patches. I was planning on getting this on my California trip. So glad I got a sample to try out and didn't just buy it. Looks lovely on you though!

 
At November 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thank you! My mom liked the finish on my skin but when she tried it, it looked horrid because of dry patches. Definitely have to shop for your skin type first, finish second.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 1:53 AM , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

Ah disregard my last comment asking about your shade, you address it here. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home