This Page

has been moved to new address

MAC Glitter and Ice Holiday 2011 Collection Mineralize Eye Shadows: Review and Swatches

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: MAC Glitter and Ice Holiday 2011 Collection Mineralize Eye Shadows: Review and Swatches

Thursday, November 10, 2011

MAC Glitter and Ice Holiday 2011 Collection Mineralize Eye Shadows: Review and Swatches

(Snow Season, Hold That Pose)

I never buy mineralize eye shadows. I hate that they look deceivingly multi-dimensional in the pan, but that the gorgeous veining and specks never translate to a unique or pigmented colour on the lids. For me, they are all glitz but no glam. 

For the most part that is true for these two mineralize eye shadows. They are beautiful works of art until you rub your fingers or brush in them, and then the unique differentiation blends into one glittery relatively "blah" and infinitely dupable colour. Worn alone they last an hour, over a primer 4 hours. They look almost metallic which isn't bad but the fallout is annoying. I bought these two because the makeup artist was wearing them over the accompanying paint pots and it looked so lovely-very "Ice Princess." She probably had to reapply colour a few times during the time to keep the punchy colour evident. I will find a way, in the words of Tim Gunn to "make it work"but am bitter than I got sucked in again by these. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

Grade: C+
(Top: Hold That Pose; Bottom: Snow Season)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM , Blogger Sabs said...

I used to get sucked into the MES's too but I finally learned my lesson after Venomous Villains. I almost caved in with these but now I'm glad I didn't. They look great in the pan though.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Ugh I made a terrible venomous villains mistake and gave it away after one disastrous try.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home