This Page

has been moved to new address

Stila Custom Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Coral: Review and Swatches

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Stila Custom Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Coral: Review and Swatches

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stila Custom Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Coral: Review and Swatches

The first-ever pH-based powder that takes the guesswork out of picking the perfect shade. This perceptive, one-shade-fits-all powder blush reacts to skintone and individual pH to create a perfect, personalized shade. Ultra-blendable, with a velvety-soft finish, this clever powder smoothes the appearance of fine lines, leaving the skin with a natural glow and a luminous, flawless flush.-Sephora.com

I can't really testify to the self-adjusting claim until I test it on another person. Personally, it doesn't look very different from the colour in the pan on my skin tone unless it is really buffed it. Unless by "self" adjusting they mean this self (me) has to physically adjust the colour by buffing. Also, to state the obvious, every colour-no matter if it is a blush or eye shadow-shows up unique on different skin tones because of the colour wheel. For example, certain greys look green on my sister because she has an olive skin tone but they look pewter on my neutral skin. So do I buy the pH balancing grandstanding? Take a wild guess.  
 
Creative marketing concepts aside, this is really a lovely blush. Not for the faint hearted or colour-phobic, it is easy to over do it with this blush because of the heavy pigmentation. I don't recommend applying directly from pan to cheek-tap off the excess on back of your hand or tissue before smoothing it on. The texture is velvety smooth and doesn't apply with any edges or patchiness. The finish is a very natural satin that lasts all day. I liken it to a more refined version of my beloved NARS Orgasm blush which has more visible gold sparkle. 

Grade: A-

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 7, 2011 at 2:30 AM , Blogger Mercedes said...

Great Review I've always Wondered how this blush worked!

 
At November 7, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Vicky A. said...

I wanna try it!!!

http://beautyverse.blogspot.com/ take a look at my blog and follow back if you want!!

 
At November 13, 2011 at 2:59 AM , Blogger Beach Bum & Baby said...

Is it wrong that I never love things by Stila? My BFF? LOVES them. Every time I try something by them something is just *off*!

I do like this color though - I am also a huge NARS O fan! I may have to give Stila another shot next time I'm in Sephora! ;)

 
At November 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

I only like a couple of products from Stila (so far). They definitely aren't a go-to brand yet but have one or two winners.

 
At February 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the way it looks on my skin! Unfortunately it did something to my hair...!! I have really blonde hair and it made parts of my hair around my face turn Orange:(
Anyone else experience this??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home