This Page

has been moved to new address

MAC Tartan Tale Holiday 2010

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: MAC Tartan Tale Holiday 2010

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

MAC Tartan Tale Holiday 2010


This is one of those dilemmas for me where I have to weigh whether the adorable packaging is worth purchasing a palette that has very similar colours to what is already in my collection. The answer regrettably is "no." MAC Holiday collections are often marketed towards people looking to broaden their colour ranges in an affordable and stylish way while throwing in a few novelty items that will appeal to individuals who already have a well rounded collection. As I have repeatedly said in the past, I don't buy to collect-I buy to use, so I will settle for admiring this collection from afar (even though I adore the concept and packaging). Plus, I already own the Pearlglide Liners which are a re-promote (and AMAZING! I highly recommend). 

**For full collection details, colour swatches, and pictures, check out Temptalia**

Worth the Splurge


1) Eyeshadow Palettes: The eyeshadow palettes are always a favourite of mine for holiday collections because you get a lot of colour options that are perfect coordinated and very portable. The cute packaging is always an added bonus and adds some fun glamour to your handbag. 

2) Pearlglide Eyeliners: I really wish MAC would make these permanent! They have an incredibly smooth and buttery texture and the pigmentation is unparalleled.

3) Face Kits: A great way to experiment with blushes and beauty powders without investing in a full size. These compacts take the guess work out of putting together complimentary cheek colours. 


Take it or Leave It


1) Lipstick (individuals and palettes) and Lip Glosses: They are all completely dupable (and some permanent) and the usual colour range that accompanies MAC collections. There is nothing revolutionary or awe inspiring-these are supplemental items that help round out the collection. 



2)  Plaid Patterned Eye Shadows: These are the novelty items of this collection. They are the size of a mineralized eyeshadow, which makes me wonder how practical they are considering they are mostly mono-toned. The colours don't strike me as being particularly inventive or original. 

Skip

1) The Minis: The mini colour range is always a pointless purchase in my eyes. Aside from the mini-packaging novelty, you are not actually getting a lot of product for the price you are paying. In the case of the mini brush sets, the quality is not representative of the full sized brushes. 


What (if anything) are you you planning on getting from this collection?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Simone said...

Oeh I like it!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 4:56 PM , Anonymous Renee said...

I definitely understand where you're coming from, but it's a bit harder for me to resist picking it up. Maybe I can give it to my mother-in-law. She'd need it more than I would.

 
At October 29, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

LOL I know the feeling. I must have asked my mom three times if she was sure she didn't need anything from the collection ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home