This Page

has been moved to new address

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

Thursday, April 14, 2011

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes



L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara is a favourite of many beauty lovers (myself included). L'Oreal has added several different mascaras to their Voluminous range since it continually has great success on the market. The most recent addition is Voluminous Million Lashes, a product I tested for a full month trying to give it a fair chance. After many different tries, I came to a firm conclusion...

...It annoys me.

What They Claim:


For lashes that look a million times multiplied and perfectly defined, there's only one mascara - NEW Voluminous® Million Lashes™. The built-in Clean Sweep Wiping System wipes the brush free of clumps leaving the perfect amount of mascara for an ultra-volumized clean lash look. The Millionizing Brush evenly thickens lashes from root to tip. The result? Lashes look so multiplied, so clean, it's like seeing millions.

My Experience

I usually don't have such a strong negative feeling towards a product, particularly a mascara, but this product ruined one too many looks for me to feel anything but annoyed **insert a lot of huffing and puffing here**. The first swipe looks promising with black lengthened lashes, the second starts looking a little thicker but some lashes start sticking together. One swipe too many and your lashes can look like this:
Well, not exactly like this but you get the general idea. Instead of making my lashes look like there were a million seperate lashes, it can look like a million lashes clumped together. Below is what the mascara looks like with two coats (the golden # most of the time). 



PROS
-Excess Wiper in the mouth of the tube to make sure the brush is not over saturated with product
-The shape of the brush and many bristles makes it easy to catch all the lashes
-Blackest Black is, well, BLACK
-holds curl well
-pretty good lengthening and initial lash separation is a nice fanned-out effect

CONS
-FLAKING!!! This is a deal breaker for me.
-flimsy rubber brush that seems very fragile every time you place the wand back in the tube
-once the product dried my lashes looked brittle
-volumizing = clumping
-touch-ups are impossible because lashes are hardened and product sloughs off

FINAL THOUGHTS: I think this would be a good mascara for those with more sparse lashes; but, if you already have thick lashes steer clear of this one to avoid spider eyelashes. 

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 15, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you use the regular voluminous? Because that is my tried and true mascara for about 10 years!!! (I can't believe there is a makeup product I've been using that long)I like the one with the regular, not curved, brush.

Also, that picture with the spider lashes is just plain frightening.

Also, Hurray for a long blog post!!! (Though I knwo you're busy. Unlike me, you have a job!:))

Also, GO LYDIA FOR YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!!! ;)

 
At April 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thanks Alice! I LOVE the original voluminous and I always find my way back to it. It is a fail proof product.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Opal Stevens said...

I really like your blog and hope that you can come check out mine :)

http://opalstevens.blogspot.com

 
At April 16, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Opal Thanks so much! You have a lovely blog. Great hair tips :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home