This Page

has been moved to new address

Pretty in Pink with Clarins Joli Rouge Brillant #12 Litchi

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Pretty in Pink with Clarins Joli Rouge Brillant #12 Litchi

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pretty in Pink with Clarins Joli Rouge Brillant #12 Litchi

Clarins has never been a brand I particularly gravitated towards and have always perceived as more of a skincare line than a makeup line. In a recent video, celebrity makeup artist Lisa Eldridge used a Claris Joli Rouge Brillant lipstick and it translated so well on camera that I knew I had to check them out in person.
This classic, creamy lipstick delivers stunning colour and silky-smooth shine. Formulated with the innovative extreme shine Maxi Lip Complex to help plump and hydrate for full, soft and supple lips. Deeply moisturizing and long-wearing with a fruity, floral scent, this lipstick feels amazing from the minute you apply it. ($27.00 CAD)    -Clarins
I love how the bullet of this lipstick perfectly conforms to the shape of my lip and how the tip is precise enough to effortlessly outline my cupid's bow. There is a lot of slip to this product that leaves my lips feeling moisturized throughout the wear time (approximately 3-4 hours). There is no patchiness or bleeding because the texture feels almost like a gel (similar to Dior Addict). 
All of the lip colours in this range give a beautiful crystallized shine to the lips because of the high sparkle content. The effect is fuller and suppler looking lips. One of the downfalls is that when you rub your lips together, beneath the smooth creaminess of the lipstick, you can feel a bit of grittiness from the sparkle particles. It is barely perceptible, but does affect the consistency overall. 

 Direct Light (no flash)

Direct Light (with flash)

Once the lipstick wears off it leaves behind a lot of the sparkle, which is not completely unflattering but can make lips look aged if you have dry lips like mine. 

After 4 hours of wear


What have been your experiences with the Clarins makeup range?

Grade: B+


**Product acquired through Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points Program**

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks pretty xxx



www.misslv.com

 
At March 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colour, but I'm not sure I could stand the sparkle as the sparkle wears off. I haven't had much experience with Clarins Makeup besides a bronzer I did love years ago. I do like their skin care a lot!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

My only experience with their skin care has been an eye makeup remover but I would love to try some of their face creams.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home