This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Beauty: Rebekah and Office Friendly Purple

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Guest Beauty: Rebekah and Office Friendly Purple

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Guest Beauty: Rebekah and Office Friendly Purple

True Story.

My sister walked in the door from work, I grabbed her head, shoved it under a light fixture and demanded, "What do you have on your eyeballs!" This occurred in a matter of 30 seconds, so Rebekah was slightly disoriented from the sneak attack and glaring light: "P-p-p-p-urple from L'oreal!" I let her loose and grinned at her, "It looks amazing, can I take a picture?"



I adore the L'Oreal Hip Duos. They are perfectly coordinated for an easy smokey eye and are surprisingly pigmented and long wearing. My sister was the one who got me turned on to this range and I have yet to find a duo that I do not like. They range in different finishes from matte to satin and shimmer. Unfortunately, they have a larger colour range in the US than they do in Canada, so I always stock up when I take trips to Seattle.

I always get questions about colours and looks specifically for darker skin tones, so I may be using my sister a lot more for future posts.



Eyes


L'Oreal Hip Duo Shadow in Reckless
L'Oreal Double Extend mascara (and yes, those are her REAL eyelashes)
Sephora Nano Eyeliner in Wild Spirit
MAC cream colour base in Pearl (as browbone highlight)

Face


MAC Mineral Foundation in NC30
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish "By Candlelight"
NARS blush in Madly

Labels:

8 Comments:

At November 2, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Samelevennn said...

Man, I'm not even looking at her makeup, her HAIR has me in a trance! Sooo beautiful! :]

 
At November 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

hahaha! You and everyone who ever meets her. If she is not getting stopped because of her eyelashes, it is because of her hair. Isn't it gorgeous? She does that everyday. Actually, this is at the end of a work day so it is usually more volumized than that. Should I try and convince her to do a hair tutorial?

 
At November 2, 2010 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Samelevennn said...

Yeah, I know I'd definitely watch it! I'd love to know how she keeps it so shiny, too. It's like Pantene commercial shiny! Haha.

 
At November 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

She uses Nexus Sleek & Shine Shampoo and Conditionner, Got2B Cashmere hair mist, and Nexus Extreme Hold Hair Spray. I am currently begging her

 
At November 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

oops! Forgot one! When she blow dries her hair, she uses Ojon Hair Mist from Sephora.

 
At November 2, 2010 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Samelevennn said...

Oohh I'll have to check those out... thanks! You rock. :]

 
At November 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see you doing this so clearly! Though I must admit, after the "What is on your eyeballs" comment I expected you to go all teachery and say "Correction, what is on your eyelids? It would be unspecific to say eyeballs" or something like that.

Love the guest starring and you got good photos of her skin so she doesn't look as pale as us! Well done, both of you! (Rebekah for makeup, Lydia for writing and photos)

Alice

 
At November 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

LOL! Thanks Alice!I should probably explain the "eyeball" comment. My dad likes to joke when I am putting on my makeup that I am "painting my eyeballs" so it has become a little family joke.

I am happy that her skin tone came out correctly. She is a full 3 shades darker than me (I am MAC NC15 and she is NC30), but sometimes when a flash is too bright, our skin looks the same tone. I have harpooned her into letting me post more pictures of her :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home