This Page

has been moved to new address

Dupes For My Beloved Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous Illuminator?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Dupes For My Beloved Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous Illuminator?

Monday, March 12, 2012

Dupes For My Beloved Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous Illuminator?

If I had known how beloved my Laura Mercier Rose Redezvous Illuminator would become so irreplaceable I would have picked up two, but hindsight is 20/20. Now I am left with a little dilemma: my sister won't stop stealing it! I need to find dupe that I can buy for her (ok ok and for me too) so that I can preserve this limited supply of highlighting goodness. 

For the past two months we have searched high and low for the Guerlain Cruel Gardenia Meteorites but after having a sales associate laugh outright in our faces, we gave up. We have found some treasures along the way in all different formulas (reviews to come) but nothing that replicates the rose gold luminosity of this product. 


So my fellow beauty addicts, I beseech you! HELP US! I need to find a dupe before I resort to putting a padlock on my highlighter drawer and installing motion detector lasers. 

Labels:

13 Comments:

At March 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

Estée's Pure Colour Illuminating Powder Gelée is supposed to be a good dupe, if you can find it! :)

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM , Blogger kelly marie said...

this looks beautiful, never seen it before so can't offer a dupe for it, but does it come out that shimmery on the cheeks? whats is like on?

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Rae: Yes, the Modern Mercury from Fall 2011 is very close but no longer available. It was the first thing I thought of too!

@Kelly Marie: Surprisingly it doesn't show up sparkly on the skin at all. It really melts in and gives a "lit from within" glow. It is so smooth that it applies like a dream. The rose gold colour is flattering on most skin tones. You can even use it as an eyeshadow as long as you put a base or primer underneath. Unfortunately is is no longer available as it was limited edition with the Holiday collection in December.

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cruel Gardenia is a lot lighter than this as I have it. Have you tried her Mosaic Highlighters? I have the amber mosaic one , but there is a pinker one. Maybe it would be close?

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought of something-Estee Lauder has those eyeshadows in that gelee same kind of formula and there is a light pink one-I bet that would be close. I've heard of some people using it as a highlighter!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thanks for the recommendations Tracy! I will definitely go and check those out :)

 
At March 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM , Blogger S said...

Try Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond Its a gorgeous Sheen-y highlighter! They also have one in A Pinky Gold colour!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Alice said...

So pretty!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@S: I have both of the Dior Shimmer Powder's and love them! They are gorgeous products but the colour isn't quite the same as the Laura Mercier powder.

 
At March 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Blog Rince said...

I don't know of any dupes, but oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! Wow!

I love the pictures in this post as well. :)

 
At March 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought of another one: Urban Decay Cream highlighter in Sin might be a close one in colour too!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM , Anonymous Mariko said...

Just saw this on another site and thought of you:
http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/04/mac-superb-skinfinish-vs-laura-merciers.html

 
At July 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thanks Mariko!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home