This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss


I adore Revlon Colorburst lipsticks so of course I was curious about the gloss additions to this range. Revlon claims that these glosses cause "Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5x more shine than patent leather." Hmmm. In my opinion that is an impressive exaggeration, but these are really lovely glosses all the same. 

left to right: Peony, Orchid, Bordeaux

Packaging 

These glosses are easily identified by the signature Colorburst quilting on the lid (of course I had to photograph them on the side where it doesn't show *sigh*). I really like the luxe look and feel of the packaging. The star of this product is hands down the applicator. It has a slight curvature that molds perfectly the lips and ensures a smooth and even application. 


Product

This product is interesting because it is pigmented without being opaque; in fact, it is a sheer formulation but the colour still is evident. Sounds contradictory, doesn't it? I think that they compliment the Colorburst lipsticks perfectly as a topcoat.Worn on their own they don't have much longevity (approximately 2 hours), but if you don't mind reapplying they stand well on their own. All of the glosses have very refined micro-shimmer that isn't gritty or abrasive. The formula is slightly sticky, but not offensively so. There are 15 shades in this new range, so you are bound to find one that suits your needs. I would definitely purchase more colours from this line, but the three I have work for almost any look. 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 30, 2011 at 1:29 AM , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

hey girl, did you see these on sale in Canada anywhere? I want to get some but the cost of these at some drugstores right now is a bit much for me. I like the looks of these, but wish they had more cream colours.

 
At January 30, 2011 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

peony looks amazing x

http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

 
At January 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Justine Agreed that they are quite pricey here in Canada for a drugstore product. I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart when they had a promotion two weeks ago. I wish there were some cream colors as well because they are my favourite formula.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home