This Page

has been moved to new address

Elizabeth Arden, These Lips Are Forever Indebted To You

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Elizabeth Arden, These Lips Are Forever Indebted To You

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Elizabeth Arden, These Lips Are Forever Indebted To You


I am one of those strange people who would take autumn and winter over summer weather any day. I love almost everything about the colder seasons except the havoc that they wreck on my lips. A few weeks ago my lips were so chapped-in spite of routine lip balm applications bordering on obsessive-that they started to bleed in the middle of the night. In desperation I hightailed it to the pharmacy and was giddy to discover the lip version of Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream. 
This product has SPF protection (important year-round) and Vitamin E, which is laden with antioxidants. The texture of this product is so smooth and emollient it almost feels like liquid on the lips. There is quite a bit of slip but absolutely no glooping or pastiness. It doesn't absorb instantly into the lips; instead, it slowly seeps in while acting as a protective barrier.

Unfortunately they did not have the preferred stick form, but the packaging of the tub is too cute to complain about. I don't like sticking my fingers in lip products so I use a lip brush to apply this product. It applies sheer in spite of the apricot color in the tub,and it provides a lovely luster to the lips. I have been using it in lieu of a lip gloss or lipstick for work just until my lips stop resembling the Sahara Desert. This is definitely a staple for nighttime routines and for those prone to dry lips in fluctuating temperatures. 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2011 at 12:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This used to be one of my fav lipbalms but I have found better ones, I love Crabtree & Evelyn's jojoba oil lip balm, it doesnt look as nicely packaged as the 8hr one but it works wonders, I always find myself trying out expensive lipbalm and going back to this jojoba one.

Great post.

http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

 
At January 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Shadowy Lady said...

Great post, thank you. I will def check this out.

P.S. I also much prefer fall and winter to any season. Summer is not kind to me in general

 
At January 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Miss LV: I have walked by Crabtree and Evelyn so many times and never gone in. I really want to try the jojoba lip balm now. Thanks for the recommendation!

@Shadowy Lady: I love sunshine but not humidity and oppressive heat (living on the East Coast I am sure you understand how those feel). Autumns on the East Coast were my favourite time of year. Unfortunately Vancouver gets a lot of rain but at least I can still have a toasty fire :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home