This Page

has been moved to new address

Perfection in the Eye of the Mouse Clicker

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Perfection in the Eye of the Mouse Clicker

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Perfection in the Eye of the Mouse Clicker

It is no secret that celebrities and models are given a helping hand by photo retouching. It is such a common practice that consumers have just accepted this practice as the norm in print media. Besides the fact that this seriously skews our image of womanhood and femininity, I am tired of magazines assuming that we are not intelligent enough to miss deformed proportions. Point in case, Leighton Meester's recent shoot for Vanity Fair:


Which is more disturbing: the disregard for our intelligence or the fact that they want women to believe that we are supposed to have stilts for appendages? I thought the unedited Leighton in the video of the photoshoot was absolutely stunning. Why mess with natural beauty?

Okay, late night rant over. 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 6, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been rewatching your YT videos. I miss you making them! On the other hand, loving the blog posts!

 
At February 6, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Oh my! It seems I need to put up a video ASAP. LOL! I have definitely been slacking in the video department, especially because by the time I get home my lighting stinks for swatches. I do have a list of videos I really want to film though.

 
At February 7, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weekends, Lydia, weekends!!!!

Hehe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home