This Page

has been moved to new address

Who, What, Wear, How: M.A.C. or Meh?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Who, What, Wear, How: M.A.C. or Meh?

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Who, What, Wear, How: M.A.C. or Meh?


Question: You haven't been posting about MAC collections lately! Do you have any swatches of new products that you can share? 

I went to MAC today with a sack full of empty containers with the intention of trading for some free products through the Back-to-Mac program. After wandering aimlessly for several minutes and staring aghast at some of the new collections, I grabbed my sister and we booked it out of there. 

Lately I haven't felt at all compelled to go to M.A.C unless it is to replace one of my favourite lipsticks or eyeshadows that is running low. The last few collections have been either redundant of previous releases, very hard to wear (Fashionflower collection is hideous in my opinion), or re-releases. I don't mean to be hating on M.A.C. but maybe if they didn't release a new collection every 30 seconds they could build anticipation, ingenuity, and originality. I haven't been ecstatic for a collection release since Peacocky and Champale and, truthfully, they were good but not show stopping great. 

I was interested in trying some of the Sheen Supreme lipsticks that are new releases to the permanent collection, replacing my beloved slimshines. Unfortunately, they do not qualify for free products with the Back-to-Mac program and the colours didn't appeal to me as being unique or special, so I decided to pass. There are so many sheer and glossy formulations released lately from other cosmetic lines (such as Dior and Chanel) that I much prefer and am willing to invest in. 

That is my spiel of the day for those of you wondering why I have been negligent in MAC related posts. On the brighter side, I have a lot of exciting new products to review so I am not exactly in a product fast (though I  am starting one ASAP). 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 30, 2011 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Shadowy Lady said...

I totally agree with u. I haven't gotten anything from MAC since the lip products I got from Peacocky. I only spend money on things that are very unique now and MAC just hasn't been that lately.

 
At April 30, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I am so excited by products being released by other brands that everything from MAC just pales in comparison.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home